Need Enrollment Help? Contact Us!
Contact an In-Person Assistor
- John Fuqua - P) 609-805-7030 | E) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anthony Morales - P) 856-364-2131 | E) email@example.com
The Affordable Care Act, also called the ACA or Obamacare was signed into law in 2010 by President Barack Obama. The ACA was enacted to increase the quality and affordability of health insurance, lower the uninsured rate by expanding public and private insurance coverage, and reduce the costs of healthcare for individuals and the government.
Who can sign up?
Anyone who is currently uninsured, including all U.S. citizens and those who are considered lawfully present to be in the United States.
When can I sign up?
- Open enrollment takes place once a year, usually near the end of November/beginning of December.
- Special enrollment periods are available for those with special circumstances, such as loss of insurance coverage or change in income. Learn more by visiting www.healthcare.gov.
- NJ FamilyCare enrollment is available year round. If you think you qualify contact a counselor to sign up at any time or visit www.NJFamilyCare.org
How much will buying an insurance plan cost?
Coverage options are available through the Health Insurance Marketplace at multiple price points and coverage levels. Many who sign up will be eligible for tax credits, which help make monthly payments more affordable. The Kaiser Foundation offers a calculator to give you an idea of approximate costs. http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/
I am curious what the Affordable Care Act means for someone living with HIV?
This portal was designed to help you learn more about your choices. http://greaterthan.org/campaign/obamacare/
How do I sign up for coverage?
There are a few ways to get covered or get help getting covered:
- Visit www.healthcare.gov and complete an online application
- Call 1-800-318-2596 and complete an application over the phone with a Health Insurance Marketplace representative
- Schedule an appointment to enroll with an in-person assister. CompleteCare Health Network has a team of Certified Application Counselors who will be available at locations around Cape May, Cumberland and Gloucester Counties to help assist those who need help with enrollment in the marketplace or Medicaid or even if you just have questions.
Still have questions?
Visit www.healthcare.gov to learn more about the Affordable Care Act and all of your coverage options.
Or contact one of CompleteCare’s Certified Application Counselors for assistance:
John Fuqua 609-805-7030
Anthony Morales 856-364-2131