Dr. Steven Fenichel earned his Bachelor of Arts from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ, in 1969 and his Doctor of Medicine from the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin, Ireland, in 1976. He completed his medical internship at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto, Canada; his family practice residency at John F. Kennedy Hospital in Edison, NJ; and his dermatology residency at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, IL. Dr. Fenichel has been board certified in family medicine since 1980 and in dermatology since 1984.
Dr. Fenichel has practiced dermatology as a PruCare HMO – physician in Chicago, IL; an associate practitioner under Anthony G. Campo, M.D., in Somers Point, NJ; and as a medical specialist at a private practice in Absecon, NJ. He has also practiced emergency medicine at West Jersey Hospital in Voorhees, NJ, and occupational medicine at West Suburban Hospital in Oak Park, IL.
Dr. Fenichel has also been actively involved in education and human rights. He served as a science teacher for the U.S. Peace Corps from 1969-1971 in West Africa and taught medical residents and students at the Atlantic City Medical Center from 1985-2009. Dr. Fenichel has been involved in Amnesty International – USA and other activism organizations.
- Dermatology Certification by the American Board of Dermatology
- Register of Medical Specialist -- Dermatology by the Medical Council of Ireland
- Family Medicine Certification by the American Familiy Medicine Board
- CompleteCare Health Network
- Medical specialist at a private dermatology practice, Absecon, NJ
- Associate practitioner under Anthony G. Campo, M.D., Somers Point, NJ
- PruCare HMO Physician, Chicago, IL
- Physician in emergency room medicine at West Jersey Hospital, Voorhees, NJ
- Occupational medicine practitioner at West Suburban Hospital, Oak Park, IL
- Dermatology Resident at Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Family practice resident at John F. Kennedy Hospital, Edison, NJ
- Medical Intern at Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ