Need Enrollment Help? Contact Us!
Contact an In-Person Assistor
- John Fuqua - P) 609-805-7030 | E) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anthony Morales - P) 856-364-2131 | E) email@example.com
- Jill Harris - P) 609-805-7014 | E) firstname.lastname@example.org
The Affordable Care Act, also called the ACA or Obamacare was signed into law in 2010 by President Barack Obama. The ACA was enacted to increase the quality and affordability of health insurance, lower the uninsured rate by expanding public and private insurance coverage, and reduce the costs of healthcare for individuals and the government.
This video from the Kaiser Family Foundation helps explain the Affordable Care Act in a straightforward and easy to understand way.
Who should sign up?
Anyone who is currently uninsured, including all U.S. citizens and those who are considered lawfully present to be in the United States.
- If you have health insurance from your employer you DO NOT need to do anything.
- If you have private insurance you DO NOT need to do anything.
- If you have Medicaid or Medicare you DO NOT need to do anything.
When can I sign up?
- Open enrollment takes place once a year. This year you can enroll between November 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017.
- Special enrollment periods will continue to be available for those with special circumstances, such as loss of insurance coverage or change in income. Learn more here: https://www.healthcare.gov/blog/special-enrollment-period/
- NJ FamilyCare enrollment is available year round. If you think you qualify contact a counselor to sign up at any time or visit www.NJFamilyCare.org
What are my health insurance options in New Jersey?
- In New Jersey expanded Medicaid coverage is available year round for those who qualify. Not sure if you qualify? Find out here: www.NJFamilyCare.com/income.aspx
- New Jersey is participating in the federal Health Insurance Marketplace, where individuals can purchase health insurance from multiple vendors at many different price and coverage levels. Learn more by visiting www.healthcare.gov.
I am not eligible for expanded Medicaid. How much will buying an insurance plan cost?
Coverage options are available through the Health Insurance Marketplace at multiple price points and coverage levels. Many who sign up will be eligible for tax credits, which help make monthly payments more affordable. The Kaiser Foundation offers a calculator to give you an idea of approximate costs. http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/
I am curious what the Affordable Care Act means for someone living with HIV?
This portal was designed to help you learn more about your choices. http://greaterthan.org/campaign/obamacare/
I signed up for coverage last year, do I need to do anything this year?
Yes. You will receive a letter in the mail from the Health Insurance Marketplace explaining your next steps for staying covered. Schedule a one-on-one appointment with a Certified Application Counselor at CompleteCare. They can help you review your options and give you a health insurance check-up.
I received a letter in the mail from the Health Insurance Marketplace asking me to submit documents to stay covered, what should I do?
If you aren’t sure how to submit the documents needed on your own, call one of CompleteCare’s Certified Application Counselors for help.
How do I sign up for coverage?
There are a few ways to get covered or get help getting covered:
- Visit www.healthcare.gov and complete an online application
- Call 1-800-318-2596 and complete an application over the phone with a Health Insurance Marketplace representative
- Schedule an appointment to enroll with an in-person assistor. CompleteCare Health Network has a team of Certified Application Counselors who will be available at locations around Cape May, Cumberland and Gloucester Counties to help assist those who need help with enrollment in the marketplace or Medicaid or even if you just have questions.
Still have questions?
Visit www.healthcare.gov to learn more about the Affordable Care Act and all of your coverage options.
Or contact one of CompleteCare’s Certified Application Counselors for assistance:
John Fuqua 609-805-7030
Anthony Morales 856-364-2131
Jill Harris 609-805-7014