Patricia Leigh earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C., in 1983 and her Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Major, from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver, CO.
Ms. Leigh practiced nursing at the Doctors Hospital Medical Center, Inc., in Colorado Springs, CO as a day charge nurse on the medical/surgical unit; a charge RN nights with the OB, newborn nursery, and labor and delivery units; a night/evening charge nurse with the Pediatric and Adult medical/surgical unit; a quality assurance representative for pediatrics, and pediatric night/evening charge nurse. She also opened and coordinated nursing aspects of the Eating Disorders Unit and Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Unit.
Ms. Leigh has also practiced nursing as a nurse practitioner with the Visiting Nurse Association of Colorado Springs; a staff nurse in medical, surgical, ICU/CCU, pediatrics, postpartum, and nursery units of Riverside Hospital in Boonton, NJ; an advanced nursing assistant in the neurological unit of George Washington University Medical Center in Washington, D.C. She served on the faculty of Pikes Peak Community College and the University of Phoenix.
- Doctors Hospital Medical Center, Colorado Springs, CO
- Visiting Nurse Association of Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, CO
- Riverside Hospital, Boonton, NJ
- George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
- Pikes Peak Community College
- University of Phoenix
- The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC
- The University of Colorado, Health Sciences Center, Colorado Springs, CO