Hours Per Week
Send CV to AnnaMaria Rosado, CPCS
Director of Medical Staff Services & Recruitment
JOB TITLE: General Dentist/Independent Contractor
DEPARTMENT: Wellness on Wheels Program (WOW)
JOB FUNCTION: To provide friendly, professional and high-quality dental care to Wellness on Wheels patients within a team-based, patient-centered dental program.
Qualification & Knowledge:
· Graduated from an accredited school of Dentistry with a DDS or DMD Degree.
· Maintains current unrestricted New Jersey State Dental License
· Maintains valid Federal D.E.A. Certificate and NJ CDS
· Maintains Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (AHA- BLS/Provider)
· Complies with required dental continuing education requirements
· 1 – 2 year of experience preferred
· Post graduate GPR or AEGD a plus
· Ability to navigate electronic dental record systems
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all members of the healthcare team.
- Provide evidence of personal malpractice coverage, and shall secure and maintain malpractice liability insurance coverage in an amount not less than $1 million per occurrence and $3 million in the aggregate for such services.
· Performs routine exams, basic restorative work, full dentures, partial dentures, simple extractions, and be able to work with patients of all ages including kids.
· Diagnoses oral diseases.
· Promotes oral health and disease prevention.
· Creates treatment plans to maintain or restore the oral health of their patients.
· Interprets x-rays and diagnostic tests.
· Ensures the safe administration of anesthetics.
· Monitors growth and development of the teeth and jaws.
· Educates patients and their parents or legal guardians on maintaining proper oral health.
· Supervises clinically the work of dental hygienists and dental assistants.
- Provides safe environment of care
- Reduces risk of nosocomial infections in patients, employees and visitors.
- Interacts with patients, visitors, staff and outside agencies in professional manner
- Contributes to Improving Organizational Performance Activities
- Promotes positive working relationships among supervisor, staff, and other departments
- Maintains strict confidentiality at all times as per Confidentiality Statement
- Identifies problems and develops recommendation for resolution
- Assumes personal responsibility for ongoing professional growth and development
- Participates in department planning activities, as requested